Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sneak Peak into my Journal: Saul & David

For some reason I really wanted to share this with y'all. Maybe because I'm going through it and this really spoke to me.
How many know the story about Saul and David? Well Saul was trying to kill David. I'm basically going to write to y'all what I wrote in my journal about this this morning...

-I was thinking, mostly about my attitude, and it made me think of David & Saul. So many times I find it easy to hate someone or strongly not like someone.
-Saul was hunting down David, David could have easily killed Saul.

*{David:} "I cut off the corner of your robe but I did not kill you." -1 Samuel 24:11 [Clear to say I probably wouldn't have been as gracious as David was here.]
*{David:} "I have not wronged you, but you are hunting my down to take my life." -1 Samuel 24:11

-David could have been like, "you know what I'm gonna kill you before you kill me, you'll pay." And had anger, revenge and bitterness but instead he gave it to God.

*{David:} "May the Lord judge between you and me. And may the Lord avenge the wrongs you have done to me, but my hand will not touch you." -1 Samuel 24:12 [Gives it to God]

-Saul was in shock, his response to David was...

*{Saul:} "You are more righteous then I..." "You have treated me well, but I have treated you badly." -1 Samuel 24:17
*{Saul:} "When a man finds his enemy, does he let him get away unharmed? May the Lord reward you well for the way you treated me today." -1 Samuel 24:19

-I asked myself the first part, "When a man finds his enemy, does he let him get away unharmed?" Or am I mean to them? Giving them dirty looks and making rude remarks? David let Saul get away unharmed. 
-Self-check: learn from Davids grace with Saul and the next time someone is rude and I have a chance to roll my eyes or make a quick smart remark, bite my tongue and give it to God.
I hope that made sense and helped you. Sometimes my thoughts can be all over the place and only make sense in my head so I really hope it made sense. ha
◇◇◇

No comments:

Post a Comment