Monday, March 3, 2014

Fighting Isolation

Whenever my doctor told me I had depression, she told me to watch out for some negative things that I may feel during this time, some like too much sleep/too little sleep, overeating/not eating at all, and isolation.

Over this past week/2 weeks I have noticed that friends have asked me to hang out and each time they ask I find an excuse not to. Instead, I find myself snuggling back in bed not wanting to do anything. I have not only been sleeping a lot but I have no energy emotionally and physically to do anything. For school I literally have to drag myself out of bed and force myself to get ready.

It scares me to think that I have reached a point where I don't want to do anything, I even find myself not wanting to go to the mall which is a HUGE sign that something is wrong.

So in order to hopefully fix this problem I told my close friends and family that this is going on in hopes that they will push me to do things. This medicine has kicked in a little because my mom says that I am talking more and not as zoned out as I was before so that's a good sign.

[If you are depressed, make sure you watch out for the signs the doctors give you and even though it may be hard to fix it, tell the people you're close to about the struggle. Be open with them and have them help you along the way because sometimes, we can't do this on our own, we need help. And of course, pray pray pray! Ask God to give you the strength to get through this.]

I never imagined loosing Lauren. I had huge dreams for her and was so excited to see everything she was going to do in this world, but now, it's different. I still have huge dreams for her but in a different way. I have huge dreams that her story will touch so many life's and that God will use it to glorify Him!  I'm excited to see how God is going to continue to use her story and how her legacy will continue to live on.
✝Live Like Lauren✝
◇◇◇
♡Gabriella June

No comments:

Post a Comment