Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Heart for you

As I sit here, I think of how amazing our God is. I know many women have written posts and books on being single. 
Most are encouraging books on how to wait for God's promise, 

Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

But friends, as I write this, I can't help but to think of why we hold on to that so closely.
As women, we (mostly) long to be loved, to be wife's, and to be mothers. But, what if that doesn't happen? Are you willing to be ok with that? 

Many will honestly admit that they will not be ok with that. Many desire and long for that in their life and think that they can't start living their life until that happens. 

I found myself asking this question this weekend. Would you be ok if God doesn't allow this for your life? In the beginning I sorta just chuckled and was like "Ha are you kidding? No, I would not be ok with that!"
As soon as that thought entered my head I thought, where is my heart.

Shouldn't our hearts belong to God? Shouldn't we live a life for Him and to bring glory to his name? If it is in his plan for us to have all the other things then he would allow it, we have to trust him.  

I know that's a tough one to swallow because as girls we are raised with this fairytale of a dream. As cliche as it sounds, the real "fairytale" story of our prince happened an entirely different way. He came down to this earth and died for us...because that is how much he loves us.

Some think our sole purpose is just to live happily ever after. I think we need to understand that our real happily ever after is in the eternity we get to spend with God.

I'm NOT saying that marriage is bad or anything because honestly, I so want to be married one day and have kids! But being in this season of singleness and seeing many friends getting married or having children, it get's tough. 
I have found a peace though. A peace in Gods love. That if all I ever have in this life is only his love, then I would be ok. And if he decides to send someone into my life to share a life with and a love with, then that would OBVIOUSLY be ok too ha.


I am learning to cherish this season of singleness. Changing my mind set from "Where is my husband" to "Where is God." 

Ruth 1:16 "Where you go I'll go, and where you stay I will stay."

I can't help but to think of my sweet best friend Lauren. I know that she would have been an absolutely amazing wife and mother, but unfortunately her life was cut short. As best friends, we would talk about our futures, weddings, husbands, kids...but in the midst of those conversations, that was never her main goal or worry in life. I would joke with her so many times saying, "Look there's your husband" and she would bust out laughing HER laugh. I think I was more obsessed with her getting married then she was. She lived her life solely for the Lord and she trusted His plan for her life, even when she didn't always understand it.

[ Lauren's blog: Life Beyond Texas: Success

That's what I want. I want to live a life for God that I just focus on him. That I get to a place where all I need is his love and with that, I know that everything else will be ok. 

A lot of times, we don't get what we want. We pray for things that we WANT but don't really NEED and we get angry when God doesn't answer our prayers. But in this case, I have prayed for my husband because yes I want him right now, but I can't get angry at God for not answering my prayer because ultimately He knows what's better for me then I know for myself. 

"A women's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek him in order to find her."

I long to have a heart for God. 
To fall in love with him each in everyday. 
Through every difficulty and every joy. 
That I will always long for Him and that in Him I will find everything else.


David Crowder- Only You

No comments:

Post a Comment