Saturday, May 19, 2012

How to make your own bath salts

As y'all know, I got my wisdom teeth taken out which means I've had a lot of down time. I've mostly just been sleeping and watching T.V but that can get boring after a while...especially on the 4th day. So my sister and I decided to make our own bath salts!

Ingredients:
- Baby Oil (1/2 cup)
- Epsom Salt (1 cup)
- Olive Oil (1/2 cup)
- Fragrance (about 6 squirts, depending on how strong you want it)
- Measuring Cup
- Bowl
- Spoon

-All you do is pour the salts into the bowl, along with the two oils and aroma and mix, mix, mix!
I bought this fragrance at Hobby Lobby for only $3 and got Honey Almond but you can choose any aroma you like!
We also bought these adorable containers at Hobby Lobby to store our bath salts for about $1.99! 

Another idea: My mom wanted her scrub to be made with half raw sugar and the other half regular sugar. After we mixed it all together we found that the sugars absorbed the oils quite a bit so we added a bit more baby oil than before, or you could put more olive oil, it's up to you! :)

◊◊◊

No comments:

Post a Comment