Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pink Ombré Cupcakes

My friend and I have been wanting to bake for some time now so we finally decided to have a baking sesh and make pink ombré cupcakes.

We used a plain 'vanilla' Betty Crocker cake mix.

We then added food coloring, I forgot the brand but the box said 'neon' which is what color pink we used. We added 2 drops to the bottom one, 4 drops to the middle and I wanna say around 6 drops for the top hot pink. [Next time I definitely want to go a tad darker with the bottom color where I only put 2 drops because it didn't get as dark as I wanted and basically cooked as white.]

We layered the batter putting the dark pink on the bottom and working our way up to the solid white 'vanilla' on top. And ta-da, our cupcakes! I'm actually a little surprised and proud of how well they turned out. I am definitely going to be trying this again! :)

[Picture collage I made for my Instagram.]
◇◇◇

No comments:

Post a Comment