Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sodom and Gomorrah

I've been wanting to share something with y'all that's been in my head for the past couple of weeks now.
It's the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.

I was sitting in my grandparents living room watching the History Channel's 'The Bible' series and they were telling the story about Sodom and Gomorrah. Out of all the bible stories I've heard when I was growing up, you would think I've heard about this story, but I never have. So when the story was going on I turned to my sister to ask her what was going on.
After the show was over, I was more interested so I opened the bible to read about it. Genesis 19.

Sodom and Gomorrah is a city that was full of sin that God destroyed. But before He destroyed it, God sent two angels down to save some people that were not committing any sin in this sinful city. The people He saved was a man named Lot, his two daughters and his wife. 
Genesis 19:17 "As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!”
But someone did look back, Lot's wife. As soon as she looked back God turned her into a pillar of salt because she disobeyed him.
That spoke out to me so much, not the city being destroyed but Lot's wife looking back (even though it's only a sentence long in the bible). So many times we tend to look back, look back into something that God has taken us out of. Lot's wife looked back at the city full of sin that God saved them front and God just simply asked for them not to look back, but she did. So many times God saves us and tells us don't look back, but we do. 
Remember that God saved you from that. He took you out of 'the city of sin' to help you and rescue you, why would you want to look back? 
He has better plans for you then what you have for yourself. Trust Him and He will take you and guide you through this life.
◇◇◇

No comments:

Post a Comment